Friday, December 19, 2008

The Yoga Fire Guy

Dear My Work Stations,

Today I'm learning some new stuff regarding in Tutorial 5...
This is what I've learned during this exercise...
I'm using the advance techniques of blending layers effects...
Also, defining brush stroke style effects and editor, using filters tool to apply the effects and adjusting images using curve effect techniques
Below is the step-by-step on how I did this exercise...


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Step-By-Step


-To create the flame shape, I used the Lasso Tool...
-Eventhough it's hard to draw, but I slowly try to get the better shape of the outline...
-I fill it with the white colour...

-create flame shape using Lasso Tool-


-I used the Gaussian Blur tool to be apply to the flame...
-I set it to be around radius of 2.2 pixels...

-Using Gaussian Blur for the flame-


-Then, I lock the layer to preserve the layer...
-After that, I used the Brush tool to paint around the shapes...
-This will make the black colour effect around the flame...


-Using Brush Tool-

-After applying brush tool-



-Then, I turn the background image to be invisible...
-Before that, I need to select the flame first before turn the background invisible...
-Edit>Define Brush Preset...
-I save it as 'Flames' for the new brush...


-Make the layer background invisible-

-save it as 'Flames' new brush-



-After that, I did it again the steps using Brush tools but I changed it by using new brush...
-The brush is actually the flame shape that I saved it previously...
-Thus, I paint at the guy's hand by using different size of the paint brush...
-All were applying using new layer which is the final flame layer...
-I select the red and yellow colour then, I create the rectangle using the Rectangle Marquee Tool...
-Then choose Filter>Render>Clouds

-used previous brush tools-


-used the yellow and red colour-


-Pressing 'CTRL' + 'L' to adjust the level...
-Then, I'm using the Free Transform to position it to the flames...
- Then I press Ctrl+Shift+I on layer Color and delete...
-After that,I choose Liquify tools...

-Adjusting the levels

-Positioning the colour to the flame-


-Using Liquify Tools-


-The layer Color was copied to put the flames on the other side of the hand...
-This will create the new copy layer of the flames...
-Then, I used the Eraser tool...
-I erase some part of the flame that overflow the hand...


-Make 2 flames-



-Smoke layer was created...
-I draw the smoke using Lasso tool and filled it with White...
-And as usual, I used the Gaussian tool to make it blur...
-I set it around 17.9 pixels...
-I also adjusting the levels as above steps...

-using Gaussian Blur-


-Using the levels tools-


-I create multiple smokes to make it more true effect...
-I made some changes in colour...
-I used the photo filter to make the entire main colour to be in orange colour...

-Using photo filter-

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Output


-This is the final output that I've made...
-The 1st one without any extra touch up...
-The 2nd one with some additional mix around here and there to make it looks like different from the original image...
-I changed the image by adding the Sphere and Pinch effect, plus with some of Lens Flare filter...
-This will make like the guy is generating some internal power to be fired to the target people...
-I also made some changes to the colour by adjusting the Photo Filter Colour...
-So, Mission accomplish for this Tutorial 5...
-Hope to do much better next time...
:)


-Final Output (just photo filter)-

-Final Output (adding sphre and pinch effect)-






No comments: